I've been thinking about this alot since I saw my post about Weightlessness. I wrote that years ago but it hit me like a bag of bricks. I cried as much as when I found out a friend and my cat died. It just crushed me that I used to feel like this. And then I thought about it really deeply.
I am deeply happy in Morocco. Example...my headphones died and I showed up at the only tech guy in town and said "headphones?" with a smile and he just handed me exactly what I needed. I can show up to my chicken guy and say "Wajad djej?" and he knows I need a chicken and we can mime to each other whether I need it butchered or whole. I have a fabulous produce dude who is way too expensive but always gives me free samples and won't let me buy anything but the tops. I have a butcher who I can (QUITE LITERALLY) see how fresh my beef is.
I ran into a friend at the market and I swear it was the sweetest thing you've ever seen. This will be a very short post but I am incredibly lucky to be who and where I am right now. I also always have my cats...so there is always that...
No comments:
Post a Comment